Kirkpatrick Family Fund Announces More Than $1 Million in Grants Distributed in November
OKLAHOMA CITY, OKLAHOMA, JANUARY 2, 2017 – Today the Kirkpatrick Family Fund announced the distribution of $1,055,500 in grants to 58 organizations in Oklahoma, Colorado, and Texas in November 2016.
The largest affiliated fund at the Oklahoma City Community Foundation, the Kirkpatrick Family Fund was founded in 1989 by John and Eleanor Kirkpatrick to support charitable, civic, and cultural causes that impact citizens in central Oklahoma and beyond. The Kirkpatrick Family Fund responds to current community priorities through the grants program and its program initiatives, and has contributed more than $73 million to nearly 650 qualified nonprofit organizations that work tirelessly to address the greatest needs in their communities.
“Upward Transitions is very grateful to be a recipient of a Kirkpatrick Family Fund grant,” said Ray Bitsche, Chief Executive Officer for Upward Transitions. “This grant makes it possible for those who are at risk of becoming homeless to preserve their housing and for those who are homeless to obtain housing. Equally important is the performance improvement we are able to make by measuring client outcomes and evaluating organizational performance and effectiveness against research-based standards of best practices.”
“These grantees have tremendous vision and dedication to strengthening our community,” said Christian Keesee, President – Kirkpatrick Family Fund. “Their successes over the years are not about the funding we have provided, but about the individuals dedicated daily to making our community a better place for all. We are proud to be their encouraging partner and honored to support their meaningful work.”
Small, large and general operating grants awarded by the Kirkpatrick Family Fund to organizations and projects in November 2016 are as follows:
- American Banjo Museum: Museum Learning Lounge
- Ballroom Marfa: Marfa Myths 2017
- Beta Eta Lambda Scholarship Foundation: Alpha Boys Institute and Go Go Academy
- Campfire USA Heart of Oklahoma Council: Yordi Kitchen Renovation
- Carpenter Square Theatre: Audience Development and Marketing
- CASA of Oklahoma County, Inc. Recruit, Train, Retain, and Supervise Volunteers
- Center of Family Love: Home Furnishing Project
- Cultural Office of the Pikes Peak Region: Peak Radar: Building Cultural Participation
- Homeless Alliance: Coordinated Case Management for Families with Children
- Library Endowment Trust: Author Visit and Cultural Event
- Marfa Education Foundation Inc.: Expanded Learning Opportunities for Marfa Youth
- Oklahoma Caring Foundation Inc.: Caring Van Immunization Program
- Oklahoma City Beautiful: Mother Earth Environmental Education for 2017-2018
- OKC Metro Alliance, Inc.: Nutrition and Recovery Project
- Oklahoma Horticultural Society: 2017 Annual Lecture Series
- Peak Startup: Mentoring Program Support
- Retired & Senior Volunteer Program of Central Oklahoma: Project Red, White & Blue
- Rocky Mountain Field Institute Inc.: Community Environmental Stewardship Program
- Skyline Urban Ministry Inc.: Healthy Cooking: Healthier Eating: Healthiest Community!
- Special Olympics Oklahoma Inc.: Winter Games
- University of Oklahoma Foundation College of Medicine Research: Ongoing Medical Research
- Dentists For The Disabled And Elderly In Need: Restorative Care Program
- Mental Health Association Oklahoma: Capital Repairs to Frontier Apartments
- Mercy Health Foundation Oklahoma City: Capital Campaign for the Coletta Building
- Neighborhood Services Organization: Client Management Software Upgrade
- Oklahoma Historical Society/History Center: Kirkpatrick Family Archive
- Oklahoma Institute for Child Advocacy: Teen Pregnancy Prevention Leadership & Learning Project
- Sunbeam Family Services Inc.: Emergency Senior Shelter
- University of Oklahoma Foundation College of Fine Arts: Research Travel Fund for the Ballet Russes Archive
- Yukon Community Support Foundation: City of Yukon 2017 Special Events
General Operating Support Grants:
- A Chance To Change Foundation
- Allied Arts Foundation
- Arts Council of Oklahoma City
- Community Literacy Centers, Inc.
- Humane Society of the Pikes Peak Region
- Infant Crisis Services
- Neighborhood Alliance of Oklahoma City Inc
- Payne Education Center
- Oklahomans for the Arts, Inc.
- Positive Tomorrows Inc
- Possibilities Inc
- Regional Aids Intercommunity Network of Oklahoma
- Tree Bank
- United Way Of Central Oklahoma
- Upward Transitions
- Youth Services for Oklahoma County, Inc.
November grants also included matching endowment grants. To learn more about the Kirkpatrick Family Fund, please visit www.kirkpatrickfamilyfund.org or call (405) 767-3702.
The Kirkpatrick Family Fund was founded by John and Eleanor Kirkpatrick in 1989 and is the largest affiliated fund in the Oklahoma City Community Foundation. The organization remains committed to adhering to the priorities and guiding principles of its founders through the leadership of Trustee and President, Christian K. Keesee, the grandson of John and Eleanor Kirkpatrick.