Position Opening with Kirkpatrick Family Fund
Archivist / Social Media Assistant
The Kirkpatrick Family Fund is filling the position of Archivist/Social Media Assistant.
This individual will adhere to specific criteria for assessing, cataloging, and preserving material associated with the programs and initiatives of the Kirkpatrick Family Fund. The Kirkpatrick Family Fund Archive incorporates the practices and processes consistent with the Kirkpatrick Family Archive in order to achieve continuity and consistency between the historic and contemporary archives.
The position has the following job responsibilities:
- Assist with the processing and cataloging of physical and born digital documents being entered into a digital archive
- Work with administrative and program staff to prioritize materials related to program initiatives
- Assist with transfer of Kirkpatrick Family Fund Archive materials pertinent to Kirkpatrick Family Archive
- Create and manage a digital repository for images and materials scanned at high resolutions for reprinting or later use
- Adhere to guidelines for preserving and cataloging these materials within an organized onsite archive
- Research best practices and permanent archive solutions to improve storage and retrieval processes
- Abide by confidentiality policy of the Kirkpatrick Family Fund
- Support the development, curation, and management of social media content inclusive of historic and contemporary Kirkpatrick Family Fund archive materials
- Assist Office Manager with the preparation and update of a written processing plan for collections that describe the process required to navigate the archive
- Assist as needed with projects that require use of materials stored in contemporary archive
The successful candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work well within a team, demonstrate initiative, manage deadlines and changing priorities and work well in an open office environment.
Other required skills include:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and working knowledge of a variety of digital platforms
- Knowledge and familiarity of database maintenance as it relates to archives
- Knowledge of social media platforms and content development
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to interact and collaborate with a wide range of audience
- Experience with Filemaker Pro and Adobe Creative Cloud is preferred
- Must be flexible in retrieving materials or records of items for Kirkpatrick Family Fund use
This is a full time position with benefits. Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and minimal lifting of objects up to 50 lbs. Minimal travel in the metro and surrounding area may occur. Professional office attire is required as well as punctuality and adherence to agreed upon work schedule. Job listing will remain open until position is filled.
Email cover letter, resume and salary requirements to:
Attention: Nancy Stearns, Office Manager
Kirkpatrick Family Fund
1001 West Wilshire, Fourth Floor
Oklahoma City, OK 73116
The Kirkpatrick Family Fund, established in 1989 by John and Eleanor Kirkpatrick, is an affiliated fund at the Oklahoma City Community Foundation. The mission of the Fund is to invest in the ideas and leadership that contribute to and advance the cultural, intellectual and social interests of the communities we support. For more information visit our website at www.KirkpatrickFamilyFund.org